- 8 round Swiss system
- All games to be played on even with Black giving 6-1/2 point komi
- Time allowance of 60 minutes per player followed by 30 second byoyomi x three times.
Tournament clocks will be used for all games.
- Tournament rules are The World Amateur Go Championship Rules.
Any problems that arise will be settled by the referees.
- Referees will be professional go players from China Qi-Yuan
Determining the final order
- The winner of each game scores 2 points. Higher score finishes higher.
- When scores are tied, the player with the higher sum of opponents' scores (SOS) finishes higher.
- When there is a tie on SOS for one of the top 8 places, the tie is broken by ignoring the opponents' scores in the first round, then, if necessary, the first two rounds, the first three rounds, etc.
- If the players are still tied, the winner of the direct encounter between them finishes higher.
- If there is still a tie, the players finish in order of their opponents' scores.
- If the tie still remains, it is broken by drawing lots.
- Ties below 8th place are not broken.
- The winner will be given the title of ‘33rd World Amateur Go Champion’ and
the winners cup.
- Winners of 2nd to 8th places will receive cups.