- 8 round Swiss system
- All games to be played on even with Black giving 6-1/2 point komi
- The time allowance of one hour per player, and 3 times of 30 seconds byo-yomi.
Tournament clocks will be used for all games.
- Tournament rules are The World Amateur Go Championship Rules.
Any problems that arise will be settled by the referees.
- Referees will be professional go players from China Qi-Yuan
- The winner will be given the title of ‘31st World Amateur Go Champion’ and
the winners cup.
- Winners of 2nd to 8th places will receive cups.