« Tournament conditions »
- 8-round Swiss system.
- All games to be played on even, with Black giving a 6 1/2-point komi.
- Time allowance of 60 minutes per player, followed by byo-yomi of 30 seconds x 3 times.
Tournament clocks will be used for all games.
- Any problems during matches will be settled by the referees.
- The referees will be professional go players from the Nihon Ki-in and the Kansai Ki-in.
« Awards »
- The winner will be given the title of the '34th World Amateur Go Champion’ and will receive an amateur 8-dan diploma from the Nihon Ki-in.
- Winners of 2nd to 8th places will receive cups.
- A player not placed in the top eight who has demonstrated fair play and fighting spirit will be awarded the Asada Fighting Spirit Prize.